Happy Monday, friends! Let’s start the week off right with this awesome Hexagon Birthday Card! I recently made this for a swap that I participate in with some other demonstrators that I know. I sent this to my friend Jennifer who featured it on her blog. You can see what she had to say about this card. Full disclosure, I totally copied this card from a Pinterest post (unfortunately, the pin was google image result so I do not know who created this card. If you’re the original creator, please email me so I can give credit where it’s due!) but I changed the colors. But check this out! Isn’t this rad? That pattern background, my friends, is stamped and punched! You thought it was patterned paper, didn’t you?
Supply list for the hexagon birthday card:
- Six Sided Sampler Stamp Set (say that five times fast)
- Simply Sketched Hostess Stamp Set
- Hexagon Punch
- Smoky Slate Cardstock
- Whisper White Cardstock
- Pool Party Core’dinations Cardstock (from the Subtles Collection)
- Sponge Daubers
- Smoky Slate Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Coastal Cabana Classic Stampin’ Pad
- So Saffron Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Decorative Dots Embossing Folder (Free with $50 purchase! Find out how!)
- Big Shot (or Texture Boutique)
- SNAIL Adhesive
- Stampin’ Dimensionals
- 2-Way Glue Pen
How to make this hexagon birthday card:
- Cut a card base from a sheet of Whisper White cardstock – 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″
- Cut a piece of Pool Party Core’dinations to a size of 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Cut a piece of Smoky Slate cardstock to a size of 3 1/4″ x 4 1/2″
- Cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock to a size of 3″ x 4 1/4″
- Choose 5 of the designs from the Six-Sided Sampler Stamp Set. Stamp each of them once or twice for each color (a total of 3-6 for each design) on a piece of Whisper White cardstock.
- Punch each hexagon with the Hexagon Punch
- Use the sponge dauber with some Smoky Slate ink to add ink around the edges of each hexagon
- Arrange the hexagons on top of the small white piece of cardstock, being careful that the same color and pattern does not touch each other.
- Use the 2-way glue pen to adhere the hexagons to the white sheet.
- Carefully trim the extra bits of hexagon that go past the edge of the white sheet. I used a rotary trimmer but paper snips could work just as well.
- Use SNAIL to mount the hexagon background to the Smoky Slate cardstock.
- Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to mount the matted background to the Pool Party Core’dinations cardstock.
- Adhere the background to the card base using SNAIL Adhesive.
- Stamp the birthday sentiment from Simply Sketched onto a 1″ x 3″ piece of Whisper White cardstock.
- Insert the end of the sentiment into the Hexagon punch and create the banner shape.
- Use the sponge dauber to add Smoky Slate ink around the edges of the banner.
- Insert the banner into the Decorative Dots embossing folder.
- Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to add the banner to the card – leave room for the toothpick!
- Use 2-way glue pen or SNAIL adhesive to glue the toothpick to the card
Yes, that’s a lot of steps but this card is worth it for the “wow” factor alone! I made four of them at once because I loved it so much!