Cool Treats. It’s one of my favorite new products from the 2017 Occasions catalog. And since we’re hopping along with the Remarkable Sale-A-Bration blog hop–and the theme is new, new new–I thought it’d be the perfect subject for today’s project, which I’m calling the “Leaning Tower of Ice Cream.” Boy, does that sound delicious!
I love how many possibilities there are with the Cool Treats bundle! You can make a bowl of ice cream, a tower of ice cream, a single scoop of ice cream in either a sugar cone or a cake cone (there’s a difference, people!)… Popsicles, fudgesicles, creemees (that’d be soft serve to you non-Vermonters). Oh how I love my ice cream!
Side note–I can’t wait until our road trip to Vermont this summer so I can get my hands on a black raspberry creemee. If you ever go to Vermont, you NEED to try one of these. If you’re going to the Burlington area, there’s a cafe right on the waterfront called Burlington Bay Market & Cafe. Stop there. Another great place for a creemee is in the little town of Bristol at the Village Creemee Stand. This isn’t your 101 flavors, folks. This is the real deal! And then, of course, there’s the Ben & Jerry’s factory… Ok, I’m wandering off topic. Back to the Cool Treats card!
I want to disclose that this card is a CASE from one of the former Artisan Design Team members, Inge Groot. I loved her card so much that I needed to try it with the Cool Treats bundle. I changed a few things to make it my own but you can see I followed her layout pretty closely.
Subtle Details in the Cool Treats Card
My favorite detail from this card is the sugar cone! I inked the sugar cone die with some Versamark and then ran it through my Big Shot to cut this shape out of Crumb Cake cardstock. The Versamark ink the waffle pattern slightly darker than the paper around it. Such a small detail but I love it so!
I also really love the way the Stitched Shapes Framelits dies added a little pop to that Flirty Flamingo square behind the leaning tower of ice cream! Another subtle detail that I added was that I sponged around the edges of each “flavor” of ice cream in its coordinating color.
Measurements for the Cool Treats Card
There’s a lot of paper happening in this card. Most of it, you’ll just need scraps for. But here are the measurements I used to get this layout. If you create a card with this layout, be sure to share a photo in the comments section below!
- Whisper White Thick: 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″; scored at 4-1/4″
- Chocolate Chip: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″
- Crumb Cake: 3-3/4″ x 5″
- Pool Party: 3-3/4″ x 5″; embossed with Seaside Embossing Folder
- Flirty Flamingo: 2-3/4″ x 2-3/4″; die cut with 2-1/2″ scalloped square from Layering Squares Framelits. Die cut again with 2-1/8″ stitched square from Stitched Shapes Framelits
- Tasty Treats DSP: 4-1/4″ x 2″
- Chocolate Chip: 4″ x 1/2″; banner tail cut from retired Banner Punch
- Silver Glimmer Paper: 3-3/4″ x 1/4″; half banner tail cut from retired Banner Punch
- Scraps of Crumb Cake, Pool Party, Pear Pizzaz, Peekaboo Peach, Watermelon Wonder and Chocolate Chip for the Leaning Tower of Ice Cream
- Scraps of Whisper White for the tag & greeting
I hope you enjoyed this idea! Thanks for stopping by!
RemARKable Sale-A-Bration Blog Hop Participants
- Janet Wakeland – Remarkably Created
- Megan Herst – Joyful Stampin’
- Candice Fields – Candice’s Design Studio
- Libby Dyson – Libby Stampz
- Narelle Fasulo – Simply Stamping With Narelle
- Jen Tribue – Stamptastical
- Stacey Lane – A Work of Carte <– You Are Here
- Anne Hunt – Colourful Cards
- Katarina Ewa – SVG and Stampin’ Up
- Laura Pizzirusso – Handmade Paper Crafts by Laura
- Darla Olson – Ink Heaven
- Leonie Schroder – Stamp A Latte
- Jodi Horsely – A Mom Having Fun
- Katrina Wolfe – Stampin’ N Srappin’ From the Heart
- Carole Anne Currie Patterson – Fabric Paper Scissors