November 2018 VIP Host Code: CQHEC9EJ
The day is finally here! Packing day! I’m so incredibly excited to be going to Orlando, FL where I will be getting together with 7000+ other Stampin’ Up demonstrators to celebrate Stampin’ Up’s 30th anniversary! And today I’m sharing with you my packing list for OnStage Orlando!
The last time I was in Orlando was when I was 15 and Universal Studios was not what it is today! I’ve opted to go back there and visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter (huge Potter-head over here). I’m ready to get my first wand and explore Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley! I’ll be sure to take some photos to share with you.
Speaking of sharing, here are the swaps I’m bringing with me! I’ve made 80 total general swaps. These will be cards that I trade with others as we walk around the convention center. I’ll be sharing those with you via YouTube so be sure to subscribe to my channel and ring the little bell to be notified when I add new videos.
I’ve also made special swaps that I intend to give to my organized swap captains. If you’ve never had the opportunity to participate in an organized swap, they are the bees knees! I organize one every OnStage and this year I’ve switched up my format! I’ll be hosting a swap of over 50 people divided into 10 groups of 10 people (some people elect to participate in more than one swap group). Fifty people is a lot to organize so I’ve recruited some help and intend to reward them with this pretty card:
I’ll be carrying my swaps in my new Littles Carry All Caddy by Thirty-One. I haven’t mentioned it yet but now’s a good time to bring it up–I recently joined Thirty One as an Independent Consultant! If you haven’t heard of Thirty-One, we are a company that specializes in home organization solutions as well as on the go storage solutions, handbags and more!
I just love all of the fun patterns that we offer as well! If you’re curious and want to know more about Thirty-One, request a catalog! We have solutions for craft room storage that work well for any craft room! You can also shop online here.
Speaking of catalogs! While I’m at OnStage, we’ll be getting a first look at the new Occasions and Sale-A-Bration offerings and getting our hands on the catalog. I’ll be able to share with you some sneak peeks from that event so be sure to join Central Texas Paper Crafters, where I’ll be sharing sneak peeks before they hit my blog!
Well that about does it for today’s updates! I’ve gotta go get back to packing! But before I go, here’s an essentials list for what to bring with you to OnStage. This is a list I’ve been building over the years with each OnStage I attend. I hope you find it useful. Enjoy! :)
OnStage Packing List
Here’s what’s on my official packing list. Important to note, this is a comprehensive list meant to jog the memory in case you would have forgotten something you planned to bring. I don’t necessarily bring everything on this list to every OnStage:
- Identification + medical card (you never know)
- Flight, hotel and car rental information & confirmation number
- Stampin’ Up Event Schedule
- Notebook and pen
- Your current catalogs
- Business cards (for swapping)
- Swaps + something to carry them in (psst! The Littles Carry-All Caddy by Thirty One Gifts is perfect!)
- Receipt envelope with expense log (for tracking expenses on the go)
- Lanyard + pins from conventions past
- Personal Stuff
- Snacks for the plane (we usually hit a grocery store after we land for snacks during the event and trip home)
- Refillable water bottle
- Headache medicine (especially if you live over 3,000 feet above sea level–Orlando is 82′ above sea level)
- Mini first aid kit (bandaids, etc)
- Hand sanitizer or wet wipes
- Sun glasses
- Umbrella (in case of rain)
- Ear plugs (in case of evening noise when you’re sleeping)
- Toothbrush + toothpaste
- Travel sized toiletries
- Shampoo + Conditioner
- Craft Supplies (I store mine in a Zipper Pouch by Thirty One gifts)
- Stamparatus / Clear Blocks A, B, C, D,I
- Bone folder
- Adhesive (SNAIL adhesive, liquid adhesive, glue dots, dimensionals)
- Cell phone, cable and on-the-go charger
- Headphones (for the plane)
- Laptop and charger for blogging, email, etc.
- Camera, batteries/charger, extra memory card
- Watch/Fitbit and charger(trust me, you’re getting your steps!)
- Day clothes for each day (casual or business casual–I usually wear jeans & a blouse)
- Comfortable Shoes + Shoes that make me happy
- Lightweight sweater (in case of too-cold air conditioning)
- Extra space in your suitcase! You’re gonna need it!