Join us for a special event that puts YOUR CREATIONS center stage! Since this is a cooperative meetup, there will be no charge.
What is a Shoebox Swap?
The basic idea of a shoebox swap is that each attendee will create a card or 3D item and then prepare enough card stock for each member of the group to make one of their creation! Each project should ideally only take 15 minutes to create.
It’s up to participants to prepare all materials for their creation:
• Precut and pre-score cardstock and all necessary elements of the card so we only have to stamp and assemble the card
• Make directions for your card
• Prepare full cards (not just card fronts)
• All components of your card should fit inside a shoebox (or similar sized box)
Participants will work on one project at a time and then swap boxes with another participant to work on another project!
• Please plan your project to be something that can be completed in 5-7 minutes.
• Please have all card stock, ribbons, etc. scored/precut, and provide everything needed to stamp and assemble your project (except tape runner and scissors)
• IF your project requires special adhesive, i.e., glue dots, two-way glue, please provide this in your box
• Please use at least 2 layers and 1 embellishment (buttons, wire, glitter, ribbon, rhinestones, etc)
Be Sure To Bring:
• Your favorite adhesive
Since we’ll be meeting in my craft room, there will be a bunch of machines and other tools on hand including (but not limited to):
• Big Shot
• Heat Tool & Glue Gun
If you’re wondering if I have a specific tool (so you don’t have to bring yours) you can always send me a message and I’ll let you know :)
Hope to see you there!